Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection

1. Positive Statement
I am most proud of using up all of my time for my 2-Hour presentation. I thought I would have trouble making the minimum requirements, but it turns out that I had extraordinary amounts of information.

2. Questions to Consider
A. I would give myself an AE on my 2-Hour Presentation for going above time, having plenty of information and credible sources backing it up, and having a logical sense of organization.
B. I would give myself a P for my overall senior project, mainly because I did have trouble with my first independent component.

3. What worked for you in your senior project?
What worked for me was all the information and the first-hand experiences that I obtained. It was fairly simple to acquire research articles, mentorship showed me personally how to deal with students, and my interviews were easy to schedule and I received more than what I was expecting from each.

4. What didn't work?
I would go back in time and do more hours in Mrs. Murillo's classroom for Saturday School. I had been going to them, but I would miss one every other time. Going to all of the saturday schools would have allowed me to finish earlier, instead of asking Mrs. Murillo to stay longer for the future saturday schools.

5. Finding Value
The senior project has been helpful because I now have a stronger understanding of mathematics, more than I had ever had before. This will allow me to finish my major (mathematics, minor in statistics) in college much easier than if I had not done my senior project. I am also a much better tutor than I was in sophomore and junior year. I have all the techniques to help students, and I intend to use them all in order for them to succeed. As for the future, I believe having this sort of background on future resumes will help me acquire jobs, or qualify me as an expert tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment